Saturday, July 2, 2022

A Proverb a Day (keeps the foolishness away).

 
Proverbs 2:6 For the Lord gives wisdom;
    from his mouth come knowledge and understanding;
7 he stores up sound wisdom for the upright;
    he is a shield to those who walk in integrity,
8 guarding the paths of justice
    and watching over the way of his saints.
Often in life we get ourselves into trouble not because we have gotten off the path. This chapter is especially full of words about the path, the way, the course.(watch for these throughout the Proverbs.)   This path has been laid out before us, so it is more about staying on course than it is changes in direction.  When we know and stay on the path, we will know what direction to turn when we must.
Questions: Do I ask God for wisdom and direction only when I have a major decision, or do I ask Him to show me the path? Do I find myself taking sudden changes when the path gets rough, getting myself way off course? Do I see God developing within me deeper discernment for when I must decide?

No comments:

Post a Comment