Sunday, July 17, 2022

A Proverb A Day... #17

Proverbs 17:3:
The crucible is for silver, and the furnace is for gold,
    and the Lord tests hearts
As we make our way through Proverbs 17, we find a number of references about allowing
God to filter our lives, to purify us. In verse 4 we need to examine what we listen to; in verse 5 we need to filter our attitudes, in verse 9 it is what we talk about, and in verses 10-14 it is what we get angry about.  The wise live a life of self-examination under the eye of God, allowing him to filter out foolishness. What we are left with: the silver and gold, we see what our motives really are, to see if they are pure and true.
Questions: What kind of music, news, even comedy do I listen to, and how dies it affect me emotionally, mentally, and spiritually?  Do I have a filter on my mouth? Do I not even need one, because I have filtered my thoughts and motives way before the words come out?  What do I get excited about? Is it what excites God?

No comments:

Post a Comment