Sunday, July 3, 2022

A Proverb a Day... #3

 
Today we want to take a fresh look at that well-known proverb in chapter 3:
5 Trust in the Lord with all your heart,
    and do not lean on your own understanding.
As we said yesterday, life is a path, and there are so many distractions, directions and decisions that can take us off that path, that can lead our hearts astray. Later on in the chapter Solomon talks about going after silver, gold, and jewels. (v.14,15) A wise person develops trust in God to avoid such disasters. We really do easily fall into that trap that we believe we always know best. It began with Eve and Adam.  
Questions: Do I have a heart that really trusts God's heart? Do I believe He knows what is best for me? Then, can others trust in my heart? Can they look to me to help them see God's path like Solomon did his son? 

No comments:

Post a Comment