Thursday, July 7, 2022

A Proverb a Day Keeps the Foolishness Away #7

Proverbs 7: 
My son, keep my words
    and treasure up my commandments with you;
2 keep my commandments and live;
    keep my teaching as the apple of your eye;
3 bind them on your fingers;
    write them on the tablet of your heart.
4 Say to wisdom, “You are my sister,”
    and call insight your intimate friend.
These opening verses set the stage for what our perspective needs to be on the Wisdom found in the Word of God. We should treat it is treasure, the apple of our eye, something we want to remember, written in our heart, a close family member and friend.  Solomon goes on throughout the rest of the chapter warning us what will happen if we do not: we will slowly get off the path and be sucked into temptation.
Questions: How do you feel about Scripture? Do you highly value its place in your life? Do you want to live by it? Have you been ignoring it, neglecting it, forgetting it? Are you falling for and into temptation?

No comments:

Post a Comment