Monday, July 4, 2022

A Proverb a Day Keeps the Foolishness Away #4

Proverbs 4:
 Hear, O sons, a father's instruction,
    and be attentive, that you may gain insight,
2 for I give you good precepts;
    do not forsake my teaching.
3 When I was a son with my father,
    tender, the only one in the sight of my mother,
4 he taught me and said to me,
“Let your heart hold fast my words;
    keep my commandments, and live
.
Wisdom cannot be inherited, but it must be passed on.  Solomon's father David had sought to pour into his son wisdom and understanding, but it was not automatic that it would sink in.  We all have a choice as to whether we will receive it or not.  The rest of the chapter implores us to fully embrace wisdom and not let her go, because if we don't we can really mess up our lives.  And if we fail to pass wisdom on, we can mess up the lives of those whom we influence.  

No comments:

Post a Comment