Sunday, July 10, 2022

A Proverb a Day... #10

Today in our "Proverb-a-day" study we come to chapter 10. It is a whole continuous list of contrasts: "a wise man does this, but a foolish man does that." It is hard to pick out one representative verse, but I chose verse:
 9 Whoever walks in integrity walks securely,
    but he who makes his ways crooked will be found out.
Like they say "integrity matters;" it makes a world of difference. This chapters lists all sorts of ways that wisdom is shown is business dealings, relationships, speech, attitudes and actions. In our pride and laziness, we sometimes think, act and speak like integrity does not matter, but in the end, we find it does.  Look in this chapter especially for references to the tongue, mouth, and babbling. The more we say, the greater the chance we will say something foolishwith our mouths.
Questions: Do I talk to much? Am I an example of integrity in my finances? My work ethic? And especially in my speech?

No comments:

Post a Comment