Sunday, July 24, 2022

A Proverb A Day... #24


Proverbs 24:15 Lie not in wait as a wicked man against the dwelling of the righteous;
    do no violence to his home;
16 for the righteous falls seven times and rises again,
    but the wicked stumble in times of calamity.
17 Do not rejoice when your enemy falls,
    and let not your heart be glad when he stumbles,
18 lest the Lord see it and be displeased,
    and turn away his anger from him
Another sign of true wisdom is how we deal with failure. It would be foolish to think that we will never fall or fail. What matters is how we respond to it. We need to get up and keep on going, humbly learning from our mistakes.  We also need to be careful about not comparing ourselves to others, watching them and hoping they will fail. Even when someone is living in wickedness, it is not our job to hope or do something to make them fail; that is God's job.  Our responsibility is to not let failures keep us down, but let the Lord pick us up, and being willing to allow others to help us on the way.
Questions: What have I attempted to do and failed? Have I simply given up and walked away? Do I see how my giving up affects those around me? Where do I find my strength to try again when I fall or fail? 

No comments:

Post a Comment