Sunday, July 31, 2022

A Proverb A Day Keeps The Foolishness Away #31


We come now today to our final chapter in Proverbs: Chapter 31:
 10 An excellent wife who can find?
    She is far more precious than jewels.
11 The heart of her husband trusts in her,
    and he will have no lack of gain
.
Many of us are familiar with this chapter, which many women dread as a description of the perfect woman and wife, which they can never live up to. But there are others with responsibilities here, such as the place of a husband to elevate his wife to honor. He trusts in her; he sets an example for her for leadership and service.  Her children also are called upon to encourage her.  Wisdom does not happen in a vacuum. There is an atmosphere in which it thrives for which we all are responsible. Our wisdom grows as we all humbly seek God and serve Him and one another. Then we all benefit from the blessings of wisdom.
Questions: Do I do all I can to make those around me look good? Do I encourage my family, co-workers and fellow believers to greatness? Do they aspire for more because I am in their lives? How can I add to their wisdom today?
(SPECIAL NOTE: Look later today for special instructions for upcoming devotionals. )

No comments:

Post a Comment