Saturday, May 12, 2012

Distracted...

 Now as they went on their way, Jesus entered a village. And a woman named Martha welcomed him into her house. And she had a sister called Mary, who sat at the Lord's feet and listened to his teaching. But Martha was distracted with much serving. And she went up to him and said, “Lord, do you not care that my sister has left me to serve alone? Tell her then to help me.” (Luke 10:38-40 ESV)
Martha had a good heart and a desire to serve the Lord.  But in all her doing she had withdrawn herself from the Lord.  She became "distracted" from the primary thing - being with Him and learning from Him.  Tell-tale signs when we become distracted are: we compare ourselves with others' service, we complain about others, and we complain that the Lord doesn't care about good old me.  How distracted have I been this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment