Thursday, May 17, 2012

Who you gonna call?

 And he said to them, “Which of you who has a friend will go to him at midnight and say to him, ‘Friend, lend me three loaves, for a friend of mine has arrived on a journey, and I have nothing to set before him’; and he will answer from within, ‘Do not bother me; the door is now shut, and my children are with me in bed. I cannot get up and give you anything’? I tell you, though he will not get up and give him anything because he is his friend, yet because of his impudence he will rise and give him whatever he needs. (Luke 11:5-8 ESV)
Continuing to expand our horizons concerning prayer, Jesus gives this illustration.  Simply put, a problem has come up in life that this man cannot solve on his own.  Rather than give up and let down his guest - rather than selfishly ignoring his responsibilties, he decides to ask for help.  As we go through our day, we will have lots of responsibilities to keep, and if we think none of them will catch us unprepared, we are somewhat on the arrogant side.  Who are you going to call? Will you call on anyone?  We have someone we can always call. And He wants to answer; He wants to help.  He will do it without grumbling.

No comments:

Post a Comment