Sunday, May 29, 2022

Songs of Renewal #29

Psalm 27 has been a favorite of many dear saints I have known through the years:
The Lord is my light and my salvation;
    whom shall I fear?
The Lord is the stronghold of my life;
    of whom shall I be afraid?
2 When evildoers assail me
    to eat up my flesh,
my adversaries and foes,
    it is they who stumble and fall.
3 Though an army encamp against me,
    my heart shall not fear;
though war arise against me,
    yet I will be confident.
4 One thing have I asked of the Lord,
    that will I seek after:
that I may dwell in the house of the Lord
    all the days of my life,
to gaze upon the beauty of the Lord
    and to inquire in his temple
.
As we have stated before, there was a long time in David's life when he was on the run. Therefore, he could not go where the tabernacle of the Lord was and worship. So, he longed for that opportunity; he dreamed about the possibility of being there every day. That developed into a passion to build the temple, a permanent place to worship God. During those long years, however, he came to realize that the Lord was always with him, lighting the way, protecting him, giving him a solid foundation for his life.  He learned he could come to God in prayer wherever he was, and find His presence, power and peace. So can we. 

No comments:

Post a Comment