Thursday, May 12, 2022

Songs of Renewal #12



The Introduction to Psalm 89:
I will sing of the steadfast love of the Lord, forever;
    with my mouth I will make known your faithfulness to all generations.
2 For I said, “Steadfast love will be built up forever;
    in the heavens you will establish your faithfulness.”
3 You have said, “I have made a covenant with my chosen one;
    I have sworn to David my servant:
4 ‘I will establish your offspring forever,
    and build your throne for all generations.’” Selah
This song is a celebration of the steadfast love of the Lord.  He reminds himself and all who will hear that God has chosen to set His love on His people, He has made His covenant with them, and He has made a vow to keep His promises to them.  This choice, this vow, this covenant was not just for a passing moment; it was for eternity, for all generations, forever.  The key is in the One Who promises, vows, makes this covenant: He is the Faithful One, the One on Whom we can depend.  So how can we be renewed and refreshed? By remembering and relating to others Who our faithful God is and what He is like: Faithful.

No comments:

Post a Comment