Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Worth Working for after the Wedding...

 Jacob loved Rachel. And he said, “I will serve you seven years for your younger daughter Rachel.” Laban said, “It is better that I give her to you than that I should give her to any other man; stay with me.” So Jacob served seven years for Rachel, and they seemed to him but a few days because of the love he had for her....  And in the morning, behold, it was Leah! And Jacob said to Laban, “What is this you have done to me? Did I not serve with you for Rachel? Why then have you deceived me?”...
So Jacob went in to Rachel also, and he loved Rachel more than Leah, and served Laban for another seven years.
(Genesis 29:18-20, 25,30 ESV)
This event is full of lessons and applications, but the one I want to focus in on is that Jacob was willing to work for Rachel, even after he married her.  His love for her did not wane; it increased.  Our tendency as men is to work hard to get a wife, and then once we have her, we take her for granted.  My wife is still worth working for - every day.  God's blessings to me through her are new every morning.  May I not take her for granted.

No comments:

Post a Comment