Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Unashamed...

 For I am not ashamed of the gospel, for it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes, to the Jew first and also to the Greek. For in it the righteousness of God is revealed from faith for faith, as it is written, “The righteous shall live by faith.”(Romans 1:16-17 ESV)
I'm not good enough.  I'm not good enough to earn my salvation; I'm not even good enough to live the life of faith on my own.  Even my faith is a gift from God, so living by faith requires His grace. It's not all about comparing myself to those around me, because as we saw in Habakkuk 2, those around us are wicked.  We do not compare to them; we live by faith despite the way they live.  And we hope and pray they respond to the gospel too.  Righteousness does not behave in a snobbish way.  To be truly righteous is to be saved by faith, live by faith, and share our faith, unashamed to trust in Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment