Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Crucified

 I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. And the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.
(Galatians 2:20 ESV)
Paul is the one God used to emphasize and explain our identification with Christ.  When we put our trust in Him, we identify with His death on our behalf; we are receiving the salvation He has offered.  But it is much more than a past event with a future hope.  It has everything to do with now.  We live by faith in Him.  Our desire for His righteousness causes us to make decisions and act differently; we allow Him to live out His righteousness in us.  Just as we were not able to be good enough to receive salvation and eternity with Him; we are not good enough to live righteously without His presence in our lives.  May He shine through today.

No comments:

Post a Comment