Saturday, June 15, 2013

Courage begins and ends with the Lord...

 The LORD is my light and my salvation;
  whom shall I fear?
 The LORD is the stronghold of my life;
  of whom shall I be afraid? ...
 I believe that I shall look upon the goodness of the LORD
  in the land of the living!
 Wait for the LORD;
  be strong, and let your heart take courage;
  wait for the LORD!
(Psalm 27:1,13-14 ESV)
Looking at these bookend verses of this Psalm, David had a lesson to learn. This mighty man of valor and courage did not possess these on his own.  In between he shares his fears and struggles against real and potential foes.  What was the key? Waiting for the LORD - looking to Him, listening to Him, trusting in Him.  Such it is with us as well.  Courage does not come simply from within; it comes from Him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment