Friday, June 7, 2013

Completely Captivated...

Song of Solomon 4:9-10 You have captivated my heart, my sister, my bride;you have captivated my heart with one glance of your eyes,with one jewel of your necklace. How beautiful is your love, my sister, my bride!How much better is your love than wine,and the fragrance of your oils than any spice! 
Solomon is captivated by his bride.  I know how he feels.  I'm hooked on my wife.  But there is much more here, something deeper than mere physical attraction.  She is first his sister; there is a bond of the soul.  He is looking through the eyes to the heart, and sees a deep inner beauty. I can see a love for The Lord.  The connection is deep and rich.  She fulfills all the senses.  The oneness God intends.  What a wonderful gift!

No comments:

Post a Comment