Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Presence makes tthe heart grow fonder....

Ecclesiastes 9:9 Enjoy life with the wife whom you love, all the days of your vain life that he has given you under the sun, because that is your portion in life and in your toil at which you toil under the sun. 
Solomon is interesting in his "mixed bag" of observations and advice, throwing in here this call to enjoy life with your wife.  The key is realizing that she is the one "God has given you."  Spending life together draws us closer.  If absence does indeed make the heart grow fonder, presence does more so. (at least in my case.)  It is much a matter of choice - will I make the most of the life and marriage God has given me? Will I chose to enjoy live and love the wife of my youth, more and more every day?  If I choose that, no toil or trial can take that joy away.

No comments:

Post a Comment