Friday, June 21, 2013

Humility in context...

Micah 6:6-8 “With what shall I come before the Lord,and bow myself before God on high?Shall I come before him with burnt offerings,with calves a year old? Will the Lord be pleased with thousands of rams,with ten thousands of rivers of oil?Shall I give my firstborn for my transgression,the fruit of my body for the sin of my soul?” He has told you, O man, what is good;and what does the Lord require of youbut to do justice, and to love kindness,and to walk humbly with your God? 
This friendly reminder in verse 8 is a favorite of many of us.  It is the bottom line of an answer to a question: What does God really want from me? When I come to worship Him, what can I possibly offer   Almighty God as a pleasing gift?  Justice - making sure OTHERS get the treatment they deserve, is big. Demonstrating going-out-of-my-way "Good Samaritan" kindness is huge.  But the one bottom-line motto of my life has to be living life before Him with an modest mindset - that I am important to God, but He and others come first.  When we get that, when we live that, then we show we get what God really wants for Sunday - the rest of our lives lived humbly and holy before Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment