Thursday, January 19, 2023

Getting to Know Jesus by Name #19:Door

John 10: 7 So Jesus again said to them, “Truly, truly, I say to you, I am the door of the sheep. 8 All who came before me are thieves and robbers, but the sheep did not listen to them. 9 I am the door. If anyone enters by me, he will be saved and will go in and out and find pasture. 10 The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy. I came that they may have life and have it abundantly. 
The Door: "a usually swinging or sliding barrier by which an entry is closed and opened; a means of access."*  The Door is all about access - in this case, to God, His sheepfold, His green Pastures, His protection.  Jesus did not "swing or slide"; He stands firm to protect His sheep.  He also hung on the cross to give us access into God's presence in prayer, and ultimately, in eternity in His palace.  He keeps the bad out and let's the sheep in.  Our imaginations could run wild with pictures of drawbridges and "Get Smart" doorways, but the real picture is a living, breathing doorway Who died so I could come in. Thank you, Jesus.
*(Diann Cotton: 100 Days with Jesus)

No comments:

Post a Comment