Thursday, May 28, 2020

The ROCK Above and Below me


Hear my cry, O God,

    listen to my prayer;
from the end of the earth I call to you
    when my heart is faint.
Lead me to the rock
    that is higher than I,
for you have been my refuge,
    a strong tower against the enemy.
Let me dwell in your tent forever!    Let me take refuge under the shelter of your wings! Selah
(Psalm 61)
This is one of the Psalms David wrote as King. We find the same crying out to God as in his other "rock" psalms, and in a sense a maturity. The Rock is not only under him, giving him a firm place to stand; HE is also a rock sheltering David from above. David knows he is living before and under The King, in His tabernacle, under His care and protection, and that this will be his position forever. This is the kind of stability we need in times that shake our souls - a Solid Rock upon which to stand, and also to defect the storm falling down our our heads. 


No comments:

Post a Comment