Monday, May 25, 2020

Always Pray

18 I love you, O Lord, my strength.
The Lord is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer,
    my God, my rock, in whom I take refuge,
    my shield, and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.
I call upon the Lord, who is worthy to be praised,
    and I am saved from my enemies.
The cords of death encompassed me;
    the torrents of destruction assailed me;
the cords of Sheol entangled me;
    the snares of death confronted me.
In my distress I called upon the Lord;
    to my God I cried for help.
From his temple he heard my voice,
    and my cry to him reached his ears.

This psalm of David is one of great celebration!  David has finally been delivered from years of running from Saul, the Philistines, and many others who were out to get Him.  Repeatedly God had delivered him from their traps, pursuits, and evil designs.  He has learned through the process to keep calling on the Lord, and that He would always be there, waiting to respond and deliver.  Sometimes, when God takes us through a rough time and delivers us, we stop crying out to Him once we are out of our tough spot.  David is writing this psalm to incorporate it into worship, as a principle for us to be reminded of over and over, day after day, lest we begin to become self-reliant.  God is always there, always hears, and alwasy worthy to be Praised.  

No comments:

Post a Comment