Wednesday, May 13, 2020

My Strength and Shield

"The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and I am helped. My heart leaps for joy and I will give thanks to him in song." Psalm 28:7
This psalm, as with many of David's, begins with him crying out to God to hear his plea. He is under attack, with evil eyes out to get him. He does not want to be fogotten, forsaken, and fallen.  In the verse before this we find that God did hear his plea and answered him. As a mighty warrior who came to the end of himself, David needed to admit what we all do: that God is our strength to sustain us, and our shield to protect us. He sees; He hears: He is able. May our hearts "leap for joy" and may we give Him thanks today with our words, and even more, with our attitudes.  

No comments:

Post a Comment