Tuesday, May 26, 2020

Solid Rock 2

31 In you, O Lord, do I take refuge;
    let me never be put to shame;
    in your righteousness deliver me!
Incline your ear to me;
    rescue me speedily!
Be a rock of refuge for me,
    a strong fortress to save me!
For you are my rock and my fortress;
    and for your name's sake you lead me and guide me;
you take me out of the net they have hidden for me,
    for you are my refuge.
Into your hand I commit my spirit;
    you have redeemed me, O Lordfaithful God.

Again we find David using the imagery of a rock and fortress for his relationship with God.  It's the lesson we all need to learn and hear over and over again, until we get to the same point he did: "into your hand I commit my spirit"; you are my "faithful God."  Anywhere else we put our trust is "off the Rock", on the sand, falling into a trap. Our Redeemer is the Rock of refuge and Solid Ground. 

No comments:

Post a Comment