Friday, May 29, 2020

Resting on the Rock

For God alone, O my soul, wait in silence,
    for my hope is from him.
He only is my rock and my salvation,
    my fortress; I shall not be shaken.
On God rests my salvation and my glory;
    my mighty rock, my refuge is God,

(Psalm 62:5-7)
Waiting.  It has increasingly become part of our lives in a difficult way. It used to be waiting in line at the amusement park, or the drive-in at Starbucks, in the eye doctor's office, or that "check is in the mail" to arrive.  Some of those are still with us; some we have not been able to do, so we are waiting to be able to do them again. We do not wait well.  David learned to wait well but doing his waiting on the Rock. He rested there, waiting not only for salvation from his enemies, but also to get on with life, to the glory, the purpose God had for him, to accomplish what he knew he had been called to do. This is a very difficult type of waiting for one who truly loves God. Yet it is here that we find our greatest hope and growth - resting on the Rock as we wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment