Saturday, June 29, 2024

There's a Thought!

 

Psalm 77:10 Then I thought, “To this I will appeal:
    the years when the Most High stretched out his right hand.
11 I will remember the deeds of the Lord;
    yes, I will remember your miracles of long ago.
12 I will consider all your works
    and meditate on all your mighty deeds.”
13 Your ways, God, are holy.
    What god is as great as our God?
14 You are the God who performs miracles;
    you display your power among the peoples.
This psalm begins like many in this section of the songs of Asaph, with a groaning and struggle.  After reflecting on how things just don't seem like the good ole days, the psalmist looks beyond the present to the Most High, remembering the past not for comparison, but a reminder of how faithful and powerful God is. There is no other like our God!

No comments:

Post a Comment