Friday, June 26, 2020

Was I really like that???

21 When my heart was grieved
    and my spirit embittered,
22 I was senseless and ignorant;
    
I was a brute beast before you.
(Psalm 73:21,22)
It's amazing what otherwise joyful, loving people can be like when they allow envy, depression, and bitterness fill their hearts and minds.  Those thoughts and feelings we allow to control us can turn us into animal-like beings, with no idea how our words and actions are affecting others around us. We are so consumed with "me" we forget everyone else, especially God.  He is always with us, around us. He has to put up with our thoughts, as well as our words and actions. No body else has to.  Our thoughts make no sense; out words show no understanding, our actions are like a bull in a china shop. No fun to be around at all. Fortunately, God is patient, loving, forgiving, and powerful enough to change us from the inside out.  It's our move.  Tired of the bitterness eating at you? He is too (and probably a lot of other people too.) Cry out to Him for mercy today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment