Saturday, June 27, 2020

Put your hand in The Hand

23 Yet I am always with you;
    you hold me by my right hand.
24 You guide me with your counsel,
    and afterward you will take me into glory.
25 Whom have I in heaven but you?
    And earth has nothing I desire besides you.
26 My flesh and my heart may fail,
    but God is the strength of my heart
    and my portion forever.

(Psalm 73:23-26)
He is here - right now, all the time. Notice the trust Asaph describes. God holds his right hand.  This is an expression of absolute trust in God's power and not his own; Asaph has turned over control to God, putting his not-so-powerful hand into God's hand.  He realized that God was guiding him in life, and that heaven - the presence of God - is something a believer walks right into. When the LORD has our hand, He walks us to and through death into glory.  Who really matters? Everyone, but especially, in comparison to all others, God does.  Our physical strength and determination of spirit not only may, but will, fail us often, but God gives us the strength to go on this whole life long, and forever. May we put our hand in His today, and leave it there. 

No comments:

Post a Comment