Tuesday, June 9, 2020

Always there...

23 Nevertheless, I am continually with you;
    you hold my right hand.
24 You guide me with your counsel,
    and afterward you will receive me to glory.
25 Whom have I in heaven but you?
    And there is nothing on earth that I desire besides you.
26 My flesh and my heart may fail,
    but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.

(Psalm 73:23-26)
The Psalmist was bummed. He looked around and saw so many people who were getting away with wickedness, while he was struggling.  How could he reconcile that?  As he wrestles with this age-old question he works his way down to this bottom line. God is with me and He is enough.  Even when I have no strength or motivation to go on, I can and will always be able to, because He is with me and I will be with Him. Nothing else matters. No matter how discouraged we may get today, remember: In Christ, I am with God and He is with me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment