Sunday, June 28, 2020

He is my Refuge

27 Those who are far from you will perish;
    you destroy all who are unfaithful to you.
28 But as for me, it is good to be near God.
    I have made the Sovereign Lord my refuge;
    I will tell of all your deeds.

(Psalm 73:27,28)
Asaph, helped by a renewed perspective from God, has made his way through this stuggle with another episode of "Why do the Wicked Prosper, while God's people seem to suffer?"  He boils it down to two simple facts that help keep us from tripping up over it again: First, those who refuse to trust God and His ways will bring ruin on themselves; it's not our place to judge and take care of them; God will.  Second, our hope is found in drawing closer to God, putting our full trust in Him, and reminding one another of how Great and Good He really is. It's your choice.  What will you do? 

No comments:

Post a Comment