Thursday, November 30, 2017

Thankful for... my spiritual "investors"


As I look back on my journey, there are so many people God has used to "invest" themselves into my life, I could never list them all here. My father faithfully preached till it finally hit home that I was one of those sinners. My mother taught me to sing out to the Lord in praise. A faithful Sunday School teacher helped me put all the pieces together. College classmates kept telling me I was called to be a pastor.  A faithful pastor, George Schultz did some deep discipling in my life and sent me to seminary, where some of the most godly, humble men mentored me in so many ways.  Two elderly single deacons took me out with them to serve and share their faith.  Fellow pastors and elders have put into my life things that are lacking.  My loving wife and children have taught me much as well.  God has poured out his blessings of people into my life. 

II Timothy 2 You then, my child, be strengthened by the grace that is in Christ Jesus, and what you have heard from me in the presence of many witnesses entrust to faithful men, who will be able to teach others also.

No comments:

Post a Comment