Friday, December 1, 2017

Christ, Come See our Mess...

And they heard the sound of the Lord God walking in the garden in the cool of the day, and the man and his wife hid themselves from the presence of the Lord God among the trees of the garden. But the Lord God called to the man and said to him, “Where are you?” 10 And he said, “I heard the sound of you in the garden, and I was afraid, because I was naked, and I hid myself.” (Genesis 3)
You know the picture. It's time for your annual Christmas party. You've been decorating the house and the storage bins are all over the house.  You've been out shopping and the packages are piling up. What do you do with it all? You choose a room to throw it all, to hide it from your guests, and hope no one happens to see.  We like to hide our mess.  But when Christ came, and when He comes again, He comes to us in our mess.  Will we choose to hide, like Adam and Eve in the garden? Thinking He does not know or cannot see? He does. So let us begin this advent season by opening the door and inviting Him in, messy as we may be.  That's why He needs to come in the first place. Lord, please come and clean up my mess; I really need You. 

No comments:

Post a Comment