Monday, December 4, 2017

Christ, Come and Move us...

Genesis 12 Now the Lord said to Abram, “Go from your country and your kindred and your father's house to the land that I will show you. And I will make of you a great nation, and I will bless you and make your name great, so that you will be a blessing. I will bless those who bless you, and him who dishonors you I will curse, and in you all the families of the earth shall be blessed.” 
It is interesting that often when God comes to meet, to visit mankind and speak to them that He ends up saying Go.  That is what ended up happening to Noah: he went on a voyage, and it happens to Abram here. God moved Isaac, Jacob, Moses,  Joshua, many of the prophets, and the people of Israel, out of their comfort zone to new places and opportunities to be blessed and to bless others. In Christ's coming He moved Joseph and Mary, the shepherds, and the Magi in a moving manger scene.  When Christ comes He does not just blend into our lives as an addition. He moves us to transformation and to action.  I don't know about you, but I have an allergy to moving.  I don't like it. It disturbs life.  But we all need to be asking Him this Advent to come and move us to where He wants us to be, even if we stay in the same geographic location. Lord, move us into you will for us; it's the best place to be, for us and for the Glory of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment