Sunday, December 31, 2017

Christ, Come, Cause us to Worship Rightly

Revelation 22:8 I, John, am the one who heard and saw these things. And when I heard and saw them, I fell down to worship at the feet of the angel who showed them to me, but he said to me, “You must not do that! I am a fellow servant with you and your brothers the prophets, and with those who keep the words of this book. Worship God.”
10 And he said to me, “Do not seal up the words of the prophecy of this book, for the time is near. 11 Let the evildoer still do evil, and the filthy still be filthy, and the righteous still do right, and the holy still be holy.”
12 “Behold, I am coming soon, bringing my recompense with me, to repay each one for what he has done. 13 I am the Alpha and the Omega, the first and the last, the beginning and the end.
John saw many things of what is to come, including catching glimpses and hearing soundbites of Christ Himself.  At times we must focus to figure out Who is speaking, and even who, what, and how we are to respond. But it is very clear the last paragraph above is Christ speaking: He is the Eternal One, Worthy of Worship, and qualified to judge.  And He is coming.  That demands that we be consistent in how we live, that we keep His words, that we "still be holy," and that we worship now in preparation of someday worship Him.  It's more than a New Year's resolution. It's a way of life. It is life - found in Christ alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment