Sunday, November 19, 2017

Thankful for... our Elders...


Through the years I have had the privilege of working and serving together with a number of godly men in our church.  There is much to be said for shared leadership, and these men have been a blessing.  It is great to be able to entrust various aspects of ministry to them, and also have men who are willing to tell me the truth about what I am doing.  I have enjoyed sitting back this month and hearing what God has to say through them. 

I Peter 5 So I exhort the elders among you, as a fellow elder and a witness of the sufferings of Christ, as well as a partaker in the glory that is going to be revealed: shepherd the flock of God that is among you, exercising oversight, not under compulsion, but willingly, as God would have you;not for shameful gain, but eagerly; not domineering over those in your charge, but being examples to the flock.

No comments:

Post a Comment