Monday, November 27, 2017

Thankful for... my Blister!


That's not my nickname for her... that's the nickname my dad used when talking to me about my sister, Natalie.  Sort of like the apostle Paul's thorn in the flesh: painful at times, yet a gift from God with a purpose.  So, yes she did blame me for some things she did, and I got punished; then I learned how to talk. Staying out of trouble was easy for me; she got in more than enough for both of us. That poor guy on the right - that's her husband, Jimmy.  Doesn't his expression tell it all?  "Look what I have to put up with!"  I understand exactly.  But the truth is: Natalie is a blessing.  Many miles have separated us all of our adult lives, but when we get together or talk, we connect well. She has done many things in her life and done them well. I admire her for her love, couurage and tenacity. At present, if you want ballroom dancing instruction, look them up.  At least Jimmy doesn't have two left feet!  

 II Corinthians 12:So to keep me from becoming conceited because of the surpassing greatness of the revelations, a thorn was given me in the flesh, a messenger of Satan to harass me, to keep me from becoming conceited. Three times I pleaded with the Lord about this, that it should leave me. But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me. 10 For the sake of Christ, then, I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

No comments:

Post a Comment