Wednesday, November 8, 2017

Thankful for... Our "Middle Child"


When he was young, I often put Joel on my shoulders. Today I would like to do it figuratively, lifting him up for all to see.  While in his early years of adulthood we hurt with him  as he struggled to find his way, we are overwhelmed by how he has excelled as a husband, father, worker, craftsman, soccer player, musician, and leader in his church.  While I do not support the idea of parents living their dreams through their children, I can say in every way Joel has done better than I in all of the above.
10 
Hear, my son, and accept my words,
    that the years of your life may be many.
11 
I have taught you the way of wisdom;
    I have led you in the paths of uprightness.
12 
When you walk, your step will not be hampered,
    and if you run, you will not stumble.
13 
Keep hold of instruction; do not let go;
    guard her, for she is your life.
(Proverbs 4:10-13)


No comments:

Post a Comment