Sunday, November 12, 2017

Thankful for... our Different Drummer


Our fourth child, Nate has always been unique.  In some ways, he is more "McCloskey" that the others, even looking more like me (sorry, Nate).  He is bright, witty, perceptive, and can express himself both verbally and in writing extremely well.  He plays percussion with a touch like no other, fulfilling a dream I had that my parents never promoted.  He also wins the prize for most emergency room visits.  It is a joy to watch him grow as a husband, father, musician, leader in the workplace, and as a godly man.  Looking forward to seeing him and his family soon.
15 My son, if your heart is wise,
    my heart too will be glad.
16 My inmost being will exult
    when your lips speak what is right.
17 Let not your heart envy sinners,
    but continue in the fear of the Lord all the day.
18 Surely there is a future,
    and your hope will not be cut off.
Proverbs 23

No comments:

Post a Comment