Wednesday, August 25, 2021

Learning to Listen #25

In John 10, the religious leaders are following Jesus around, pressing Him to make a public statement about Who He really was - was He the Christ? In His answer, Jesus says: "Look, even if I told you, you would not believe Me, because if you have been watching and listening, you would know without asking." He then returns to the illustration He was using earlier in the chapter about His being the Good Shepherd:
27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me. 28 I give them eternal life, and they will never perish, and no one will snatch them out of my hand. 29 My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all, and no one is able to snatch them out of the Father's hand. 30 I and the Father are one.”
The Lord's sheep have learned to listen to their Shepherd. They follow Him as the only One who gives life. In Him they find spiritual safety and security; they know He is good and He is great. They know He is one with the Father, so They speak the same message; there is no confusion.  They know they belong to Him, and all the wolves, lions and thieves in the world can never take them away from Him.  Do you have that sense of assurance and security? Today, may we be able to hear His voice and walk in His peace. 

No comments:

Post a Comment