Monday, October 14, 2019

On the Rock when Your Life is Rocked

I love you, O Lord, my strength.
The Lord is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer,
    my God, my rock, in whom I take refuge,
    my shield, and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.
I call upon the Lord, who is worthy to be praised,
    and I am saved from my enemies.
The cords of death encompassed me;
    the torrents of destruction assailed me;
the cords of Sheol entangled me;
    the snares of death confronted me.
In my distress I called upon the Lord;
    to my God I cried for help.
From his temple he heard my voice,
    and my cry to him reached his ears.
(Psalm 118)
Stability: That's what we yearn for. Even those of us who live excitement and a challenge want there to be some sense of being in control - we want to be in control.  But all will be well if Someone is in control - and it's best if it is not us.  When our lives are rocked there is one place we can go for such stability. But then again, we should be standing there in the first place, before the storms hit... on the Rock
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2uYiHiJTN6Y

No comments:

Post a Comment