Psalm 73:23 Nevertheless, I am continually with you;
you hold my right hand.
24 You guide me with your counsel,
and afterward you will receive me to glory.
25 Whom have I in heaven but you?
And there is nothing on earth that I desire besides you.
26 My flesh and my heart may fail,
but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.
In this psalm, Asaph wrestles on behalf of his people with the question: "Why do the wicked prosper?" As he does so, he walks in the temple and considers his relationship with God. He realizes afresh that in his relationship with God, and for all of God's people, there is a closeness that the unbeliever can never fathom. One in relationship with God has the guidance, comfort, strength, and contentment that the outsider misses out on - not only in this life, but forever. May God guard our hearts and minds whenever we begin to think that the wicked have it so good. They have no idea what they are missing out on.We need to tell them.
No comments:
Post a Comment