Tuesday, September 1, 2026

Can We Hear Them Hurting?

 

Job 30:
25 Did not I weep for him whose day was hard?
    Was not my soul grieved for the needy?
26 But when I hoped for good, evil came,
    and when I waited for light, darkness came.
27 My inward parts are in turmoil and never still;
    days of affliction come to meet me.
28 I go about darkened, but not by the sun;
    I stand up in the assembly and cry for help.
29 I am a brother of jackals
    and a companion of ostriches.
As Job is giving his final statement to his friends, he tries to explain what is going on inside his heart and head.  He felt abandoned by those who should have been there for them.  So many people - within the Body of Christ - feel that way. They ask like the song: "Does anybody hear me?"  They get it that God's ways are not our ways; His time is not like ours; He can see the full picture.  But we cannot. Those around us, however, are in the same boat we are. They should understand, care, and continue to listen and comfort.

No comments:

Post a Comment