Friday, June 25, 2021

Days of Refreshing #25

Philippians 4:13 is one of those verses often quoted and put on posters and plaques. But how often do we skip over the verses between Philippians 4:4-9 and verse 13? Let's begin in verse 
10 I rejoiced in the Lord greatly that now at length you have revived your concern for me. You were indeed concerned for me, but you had no opportunity. 11 Not that I am speaking of being in need, for I have learned in whatever situation I am to be content. 12 I know how to be brought low, and I know how to abound. In any and every circumstance, I have learned the secret of facing plenty and hunger, abundance and need. 13 I can do all things through him who strengthens me.
Paul had been refreshed; the church at Philippi had send him aid, as well as sending one of their best brothers in the Lord to bring him that aid and encourage him. Having been refreshed he had a new sense that there was nothing he could not go through because Christ was with him, strengthening him. But in order for this all to happen, Paul needed to learn something we all need to learn: contentment in Christ. Sometimes we are not refreshed because we do not take the time to pause and reflect on all God had done, given, and is doing and giving in the present. Sometimes we are not refreshed because we have not learned to listen to the Holy Spirit or God's word.  Often we are not refreshed because we refuse to be content with God's plan and His provision. Is Christ enough for you?

No comments:

Post a Comment