Sunday, June 13, 2021

Days of Refreshing #13

What kind of hope can we find when we know that the mess we are in is our own fault? That is the picture in Jeremiah 29:
10 “For thus says the Lord: When seventy years are completed for Babylon, I will visit you, and I will fulfill to you my promise and bring you back to this place. 11 For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope. 12 Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will hear you. 13 You will seek me and find me, when you seek me with all your heart
Jeremiah mourned the fact that his people were headed to exile for seventy years for their failure to keep their relationship with God. They had lived as if they did not need Him, as demonstrated by their failure to keep the times of refreshing He offered. They were getting what they deserved. Yet, God promised them He would bless them. He was not totally abandoning them. He would be waiting for them to call out to Him, to seek Him with all their heart, and to depend upon and trust Him for what they needed. God had a plan that included them.  He is the same God. He promises refreshing and strength and renewal and hope to those who seek Him with their whole heart. May that be us today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment