Friday, June 11, 2021

Days of Refreshing #11

We looked yesterday at that great promise of refreshing and strength at the end of  Isaiah 40. God gave his people yet another promise in the next chapter: Isaiah 41:
 8 But you, Israel, my servant,
    Jacob, whom I have chosen,
    the offspring of Abraham, my friend;
9 you whom I took from the ends of the earth,
    and called from its farthest corners,
saying to you, “You are my servant,
    I have chosen you and not cast you off”;
10 fear not, for I am with you;
    be not dismayed, for I am your God;
I will strengthen you, I will help you,
    I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
In the opening verses of this chapter, God is chiding the nations surrounding Israel - those that were finding pleasure in watching her being chastised - for trusting in their own strength and in their alliances with one another. They need to realize all people should call out to God for refreshing and strength. God then turns back here to address his failing servant, Israel, whom He had called and chosen. He was not done with them.  Though we realize verse 10 was a direct promise to Israel, it represents well His love and character toward His people at all times: He is faithful; He will renew and strengthen; He will help; He will continue to extend to us His powerful right hand, reaching out to keep us in our relationship with Him. Let's reach our hand back toward Him today.  

No comments:

Post a Comment