Friday, January 27, 2017

Wake up, everyone!!! Especially me!


PSALM 108
My heart is steadfast, O God!
    I will sing and make melody with all my being![a]
Awake, O harp and lyre!
    I will awake the dawn!
I will give thanks to you, O Lord, among the peoples;
    I will sing praises to you among the nations.
For your steadfast love is great above the heavens;
    your faithfulness reaches to the clouds.
Be exalted, O God, above the heavens!    Let your glory be over all the earth!
That your beloved ones may be delivered,
    give salvation by your right hand and answer me!

David not only preached to the choir; he preached to the instruments! But he especially preached to himself.  God's faithful lovingkindness is NOT to be forgotten.  It is to be remembered every day at the beginning of the day. It is everywhere, as far as we can see.  So we need to make it known everywhere, as far as it can be heard.  We need deliverance and salvation, and there is a whole world out there that needs to hear about it!  So wake up!  Start the day!  Seize the day!  Sing Today!

No comments:

Post a Comment