Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Truth in the midst of chaos...

You clothed me with skin and flesh, and knit me together with bones and sinews. You have granted me life and steadfast love, and your care has preserved my spirit. Yet these things you hid in your heart; I know that this was your purpose. (Job 10:11-13 ESV)
As Job continued to wrestle with his circumstances, and hold fast to the fact that his sufferings were not due directly to sin in his life, despite the criticism of his friends, he utters words of truth deeply held: "God made me; He gave me life; He still loves and sustains me."  Even though I don't understand it all, and there are some "secrets" held that I cannot, and probably should not see, He still cares for me.  We can cling to Who He is, what He is like, how He deals with those He loves.

No comments:

Post a Comment