Thursday, January 5, 2017

I don't know; He does.

“Behold, I go forward, but he is not there,
and backward, but I do not perceive him;
on the left hand when he is working, I do not behold him;
he turns to the right hand, but I do not see him.
But he knows the way that I take;
when he has tried me, I shall come out as gold.
My foot has held fast to his steps;
I have kept his way and have not turned aside.
I have not departed from the commandment of his lips;
I have treasured the words of his mouth more than my portion of food.
But he is unchangeable, and who can turn him back?
What he desires, that he does.
For he will complete what he appoints for me,
and many such things are in his mind.
Therefore I am terrified at his presence;
when I consider, I am in dread of him.
God has made my heart faint;
the Almighty has terrified me;
yet I am not silenced because of the darkness,
nor because thick darkness covers my face.
(Job 23:8-17 ESV)
Job was caught up in a whirlwind of confusion, wondering what was happening to him.  Could it get any worse??? Where was God in all of this? He could net seem to find or see Him; it was like he always just missed Him.  Yet he knew what God is like, and HOW He works, just not always where and when and why.  So He waits, and continues to call into the darkness of not being able to see Him or hear Him.  Keep calling. HE is there. He is listening. He is planning and doing.  In time, we will see.

No comments:

Post a Comment