Thursday, May 23, 2013

Not alone...

 I have given them your word, and the world has hated them because they are not of the world, just as I am not of the world. I do not ask that you take them out of the world, but that you keep them from the evil one. They are not of the world, just as I am not of the world. Sanctify them in the truth; your word is truth. As you sent me into the world, so I have sent them into the world.
 (John 17:14-18 ESV)
Jesus knew full well what His apostles were in for.  He had come with the truth and the world had by and large rejected Him and His word.  As they went out and shared the truth with others they would need protection.  What protection do we have.  Must we take a gun and a Bible?  (Sometimes a temptation, I must admit...)  What He has given us is the truth and the presence of His Holy Spirit to proclaim it, live it, and trust Him.  We are not alone by any means, even if we cannot see Him or His truth prevailing.  We can count on Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment