Thursday, May 16, 2013

Helping us handle the truth...

 Nevertheless, I tell you the truth: it is to your advantage that I go away, for if I do not go away, the Helper will not come to you. But if I go, I will send him to you. And when he comes, he will convict the world concerning sin and righteousness and judgment: concerning sin, because they do not believe in me; concerning righteousness, because I go to the Father, and you will see me no longer; concerning judgment, because the ruler of this world is judged.
(John 16:7-11 ESV)
As seen earlier, the Holy Spirit is referred to as the Spirit of Truth.  As such one of the ways He can help us is to handle the conviction He brings, the truth about who we are, what we have done, and Who can help us get right with God.  As the famous movie quote says "You can't handle the truth!"  But the Holy Spirit helps us handle the truth about our sin, and convince us of Who Christ is and what He does for those who trust in Him."  How we need that ministry of the Holy Spirit!

No comments:

Post a Comment